Rowan Veterinary Centre Ltd
Preston Surgery: Hillock Lane, Preston, PR4 1TP
Blackpool Surgery: The Old Bank, 369 Whitegate Drive, Blackpool, FY3 9PH
This privacy notice tells you how Rowan Veterinary Centre Ltd will collect and process your personal data if you register as a client, purchase our services and products, and use our website.
Rowan Veterinary Centre Ltd is an independent animal veterinary surgery in Lancashire. We protect the health and wellbeing of your pets, offering a range of services that include: diagnosing and treating sick and injured animals, advising and educating owners on the right pet care, and providing a range of care related products for purchase in support of this advice.
Who to contact regarding your personal data
We take your privacy seriously. Our Data Protection Manager looks after data protection and would be happy to answer any of your questions about this privacy notice and how Rowan Veterinary Centre Ltd uses your data. They can be contacted directly at email@example.com or on 01772 639800.
The personal data we collect and process
There are four main ways we process the personal data you provide. We endeavour to keep this information accurate and up to date, and not keep it longer than is necessary.
1. To administer your account as a surgery client
In order to provide our service effectively and ensure the best possible care for your pet, we need to collect and process the following personal data when we register you as a client.
Personal data type – How the data is collected:
- Title, First name, Last name – As part of registering to be a client
- Postal Address – As part of registering to be a client
- Phone number (normally a mobile) – As part of registering to be a client
- Email address – As part of registering to be a client
We record all telephone conversations for security, training and monitoring purposes.
This personal data will be used for the following services and purposes:
- To administer your account and provide the products and services you have requested from us. For example, invoicing, calling to change an appointment and to keep a record for legal and accounting purposes.
- To inform you by email of service information about the practice. For example, notification of seasonal opening times or changes to out of hours availability.
- If you have pet insurance and you wish to make a claim, we will pass on your pet’s clinical history with your name and address to your insurance company to allow them to process your claim.
- If we take a blood sample from your pet, we send the sample to our supplier and provide your surname for identification purposes only.
2. To send you marketing communications as a surgery client
We send all our clients the following marketing communications:
- Reminders for pet vaccinations and administering preventative healthcare treatments.
- Reminders for pet appointments.
- News information on animal welfare, like top tips for exercise and health checks you can do yourself.
- Promotions and the latest related product offers.
- Newsletter containing useful pet health care information and current events within the practice.
Clients find these communications useful in administering care to their pets and to keep up to date with what is going on at the surgery. They are only sent to existing clients who can opt-out at any time.
The personal data that we process for these communications is first name, email address, postal address and mobile phone number.
We would like our clients to enjoy these communications, so it is important to note that you can opt-out at any time by:
- Clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any marketing communications email will stop all communications including booster reminders.
- Calling our team at the surgery on 01772 639800 OR 01253 766352.
- Dropping into the surgery and speaking to a member of our team.
3. To share with veterinary related 3rd parties WITH your consent
There will be occasions where we will need to ask for your consent to share your personal data with a 3rd party:
- If you would like your pet to be referred to a specialist veterinary surgeon, we will provide them with your pet’s clinical history with your name and address and contact telephone number to enable them to confirm your referral appointment.
- Should you wish to move to an alternative veterinary surgery, we will provide your pet’s clinical history with your name and address to your new vets before closing your account.
- Should you wish to chip your pet (cats and rabbits), we register your name, address and contact number with the chip provider. Note that chipping dogs is a legal requirement and we share your personal data in this case under a legal obligation to do so.
Rowan Veterinary Centre Ltd will not pass on your personal data to any third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so. We do not provide any personal data to the suppliers of the medicines we administer or the pet care products we sell.
4. When you use our website – www.rowanvets.co.uk
Rowan Veterinary Centre Ltd uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses (a number assigned to each of your devices connected to the internet by your broadband provider) of visitors to the Rowan Veterinary Centre Ltd’s website.
We provide contact forms on our website and collect users’ personal information to help them complete certain tasks. Each form details the information required and an explanation of what the form is for. For general enquiries, once an enquiry has been dealt with, the data is deleted in line with Rowan Veterinary Centre Ltd’s procedures.
Disclosure of personal data to our service providers
We may pass on your personal data to service providers contracted to Rowan Veterinary Centre Ltd in the course of dealing with you. They act as a data processor on our behalf and are obliged under contract to keep your details secure, and only use them to fulfil the services they provide on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they dispose of it in line with Rowan Veterinary Centre Ltd’s procedures.
How long do we process your data for?
Rowan Veterinary Centre Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
In order to comply with our professional liability insurance, we keep and securely store past clients records for seven years. This includes full name, address, email address and telephone number. We do not store bank account details.
We will only process your personal data whilst you are a client. After 7 years of inactivity we will anonymise any personally identifiable information on the account which is a permanent process.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you the data subject, have the following rights:
Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
You can do that by calling 01772 639800. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
Please note that you will need to complete a Subject Access Request Form and provide proof of identity as detailed in the form.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Rowan Veterinary Centre Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
We take the processing of your personal data very seriously and are here to help with any concerns you may have. Please do contact the Data Protection Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01772 639800.
If you are still not happy with how your personal data is being processed by Rowan Veterinary Centre Ltd or how your complaint has been handled, you also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling 0303 123 1113.
Practice Terms & Conditions
Our practice terms and conditions can be found here.